11/03/2006

Hey Colorado


As I attempt to get back up to speed with my ramblings, I was thinking of some beautiful times, some beautiful people and so I would like to take a moment to share with you perhaps the most beautiful song ever written; yes, I am prejudice, as you will see. It holds some very special meaning for me as I listened to this the very first time up in Cripple Creek with the lady while sharing a beer. Perhaps I will tell you the tale, but not tonight, it is much too long.

The song was written by a member of the Flying Burrito Brothers and sung by them. If you haven’t heard it, I urge you to buy one of their albums with it on it, it may take a little looking, but you won’t be sorry. If I can ever find the recording, I will post it for you in the future, its buried around somewhere. So, god bless and good night. The song is called “Colorado.”

Hey Colorado - it was not so long ago
I left your mountain - to try life on the road
Now I'm finished with that race - it was much too fast a pace
And I think I know my place - Colorado I wanna come home

There was a woman - but I left her far behind
I could have loved her - if I only had the time
But I stopped along the way - just long enough to say
Lord I'd really really like to stay
But my lady knows I've got to go
I was too young to - know what I've done
I made my plans but I was wrong yes I was wrong

Hey Colorado - is it too late to change my mind
I've done some thinking and I'm trying hard to find
The way to come back home
Oh I've been so very long alone
Won't you take care of your own - Colorado I think I'm coming home

Image

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for posting the lyrics to "Hey Colorado." Just tonight I was wondering if I'd even find a link to this beautiful tribute to Colorado. I can't find anyone who even remembers this treasure by the Flying Burrito Brothers, and it's one of my all-time favorite songs to sing. Thanks again for giving me such great memories of my former home!